Saturday, June 20, 2009

I wanted to make some nifty cards for Father's Day. I had a request for one for a former pilot. The recipient of this card was a former pilot for Northwestern airline. I used vintage photographs of flight attendants (from the glamour days of flying!), along with an old photo of a small plane--a piper aircraft I think--along with a flightmap of the eastern seaboard. The front of the card also included an architectural type sketch of a plane. My favorite part of this sketch is that it was done by a firm in Farmingdale, NY, the location of the 2009 U.S. Open at Beth Page golf course. The Open will conclude on Father's day. I used an old watch face as a symbol of the passage of time, as well as two charms at the top of the card.....a heart for affection and "L" for the first name of the recipient. I hope it was well-received.

No comments:

Post a Comment